Recently, the DOT Arkansas has added most of its services to its website. However, in order to process applications for, for example, driver’s licenses, driving tests or REAL ID, it is necessary to go to a DOT Arkansas office in person.
To go to an office, it is mandatory to request an appointment in advance, to expedite procedures, maintain order and avoid crowds and long lines and hours of waiting, which is why conducting services online was a great advance during the coronavirus pandemic.
It is worth mentioning that the DOT is the Department of Transportation, knowns as DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles), the agency in charge of processing different errands related to vehicles, such as registrations from an old state to Arkansas, driver’s licenses and everything that has to do with drivers. In addition, the DOT is in charge of processing different Arkansas state services.
What services can I perform online at the DOT Arkansas website?
- 1 What services can I perform online at the DOT Arkansas website?
- 2 What paperwork do I have to show at the DOT Arkansas
- 3 How to make an appointment at the DOT Arkansas: Step by step
- 4 Which are the best times to request an appointment at DOT Arkansas?
- 5 DOT Arkansas contact information
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
As we said above, the DOT Arkansas has added a lot of paperwork that can be done online. Here are just a few of them.
Buying or Selling a Car
- Register your new vehicle.
- Check your car title status.
- Calculate state sales tax.
- Pre-register your new vehicle.
- Transfer vehicle ownership.
- Order a personalized license plate.
Renewing your registration
- Renew your vehicle registration.
- Assess your vehicle.
- Print duplicate registration.
- Pay your personal property taxes online.
- Change your renewal address.
- Get email reminders.
- Registration fee schedule.
Getting a driver’s license or a State ID
- Real ID.
- Need a new driver’s license.
- Request a duplicate DL or state ID.
- Pre-register for a DL or state ID.
- Get DL renewal notices by email or sms.
- Get a clearance/record of license status letter.
- Request a reinstatement requirement letter.
- Pay reinstatement fee.
- Change your address.
- Emergency contact info.
- Request for a voter.
- Registration application.
- Online driving records.
- Age waiver application to obtain a hardship license.
- Alcohol treatment programs.
- Alcohol education treatment directory.
- Veteran Services.
- Tax Services.
- Truck CDL Image.
What paperwork do I have to show at the DOT Arkansas
Whether you are applying for a driver’s license or REAL ID in Arkanksas, a numbers of documents will be required.
If you have attached the files at the time you make the appointment, you won’t have to show them, as they are saved in the system.
The following documents will make your visit to the DOT Arkansas faster:
- Proof of identity, this can be a birth certificate or your passport.
- Proof of social security number, it can be a social security card or, failing that, a W-2 form.
- Two documents that confirm that the applicant resides in Arkansas, like utility bills, such as gas, electricity, cable, water, internet or a lease.
All of these documents must be valid, original and current. If it is a copy, it must be stamped and certified by the corresponding agency.
How to make an appointment at the DOT Arkansas: Step by step
- Go to the official DOT Arkansas website by clicking here.
- Select the procedure you wish to perform. In this case, click on “Getting a driver’s license or State ID“, as shown in the image.
3. Next, you must pre-register before coming to the DOT Arkansas office. In this case, click on “PRE-REGISTER FOR A DL OR STATE ID“.
4. A new window will open and you will need to fill in the requested personal information. Then, click “Next“.
5. Next, fill in your residence information.
6. Verify your address in the box that will appear, and click “Save“.
7. You will return to the pre-registration form, and click “Next“.
8. Now, you will need to fill in your demographic data.
9. Complete the data requested in the following steps (voter registration, contact, summary), and click “Submit“.
10. Print the application voucher, or write down in a safe place the confirmation code number.
Keep the printout or the paper on which you wrote the code, as you will need it to go to the DOT Arkansas without any problems.
REMINDER: Bring with you to the DOT Arkansas office, in addition to the confirmation code, all required documentation to obtain your driver’s license.
Which are the best times to request an appointment at DOT Arkansas?
We recommend you the least and most convenient times to visit the DOT Arkansas offices.
- Mornings tend to be less crowded than afternoons.
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays are less crowded than Mondays and Fridays.
- Avoid midday, as this is the lunch time and several employees aren’t available, so there will be fewer workers to serve the people.
REMEMBER: Enter to the DOT Arkansas website to check the documentation and requirements that you must present to carry out your procedure.
DOT Arkansas contact information
- Driver Services: 501-371-5581.
- Motor Vehicle: 501-682-4692.
- License, ID, driving record or insurance verification: 501-371-5581.
- Car title, registration, plate or other vehicle issue: 501-682-4692.
Driver Services: 501-682-7688.
Motor Vehicle: 501-682-4756.
- 1515 Building. 1515 W 7th, Room 101-102. Little Rock, AR. 72201.
Find the DOT Arkansas office nearest to your house, according to your county, by clicking here.
Driver Services: DriverServices@dfa.arkansas.gov.
Motor Vehicle: MVInformation@dfa.arkansas.gov.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to know more about the DMV in different states, such as Washington, Tennessee, Pennsylvania or Oklahoma, you can click on the corresponding state, or click in here to see all the U.S states.