If you need to request an appointment at DMV Georgia, first of all it is worth clarifying that, in this state, the DMV is called the Department of Driver Services (DDS), but in this article we will talk about it as if it were a DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles), as they have the same functions, just with a different name.
The DMV Georgia has a lot of services available to be performed by different means, depending on the one you are most comfortable with. It can be online, over the phone, or in person at one of the DMV offices in the Georgia counties, which we will discuss later.
Among the services provided by the DMV Georgia on its website, you will find different procedures related to the driver and his/her vehicle, such as the issuance or renewal of the driver’s license, identification card or vehicle registration and titling, among many others.
It is important to mention that not all procedures can be performed online, as some must be done in person, such as a driving test, in which a DMV Georgia official will evaluate you while you drive the car.
What paperwork can I complete at DMV Georgia
- 1 What paperwork can I complete at DMV Georgia
- 2 Steps to request an appointment at DMV Georgia
- 3 Which documents do I have to bring to the DMV Georgia appointment
- 4 DMV Georgia Contact Information
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
Before mentioning some of the procedures available on the DMV Georgia website, remember that you must, without exception, request an appointment, in case you need to visit an office.
Driver’s license services
- Existent Georgia license or ID: Intended for drivers who have a license belonging to the state of Georgia.
- New Georgia License or ID: For drivers who need to apply for a new license or ID card, or who need to transfer a license from another state to Georgia.
- Teen Drivers: This section is for teens under the age of 18 who want to apply for a permit, upgrade their Class D license to a C, or a provisional D license.
- Commercial License: In this section, information is presented for commercial drivers about applying for or renewing a CDL license or permit, CDL medical certificate, etc.
- Motorcycle License: Like the commercial license, you can find information about the motorcycle license or permit.
- General licensing topics: In this section, you can find information about conditions and fees for licenses, permits, etc., applying for an MVR, paying for Super Speeder tickets, and much more.
Motor Vehicle Services
In case you need to carry out any procedures related to your motorized vehicle, such as boats, trailers, license plates, mobile homes, cars, etc., you can inquire about the following procedures.
- Registration application and renewal.
- International registration plan.
- Modification of vehicle registration information.
- Appointments for practical driving tests.
- Practice driving tests.
- Driving tests.
- Driver education information
- Alcohol and Drug Awareness Program (ADAP).
- Online Certification Reporting Application (OCRA)
Steps to request an appointment at DMV Georgia
- Go to the official DMV Georgia website by clicking here.
- In the “Schedule, Change, or Update Appointment” section, click on “Schedule Appointment“.
- Next, you have the option to consult an already scheduled appointment. On the other hand, to request your appointment you must enter the procedure you wish to perform and the place where the appointment will be held.
- Verify that you are not a robot by clicking on the captcha and then click on “New appointment“.
- On the next page, you will need to select the date and time for the DMV Georgia appointment.
- Next, fill in your personal information requested and verify that all appointment information is correct.
- Once you have completed the application, click “OK”.
- You are done! You now have your appointment at DMV Georgia.
From dmvappointment.net, we recommend that you write down the date in a place where you frequently go, such as your calendar or on the refrigerator door, to avoid forgetting the appointment.
IMPORTANT: If you miss your appointment, please cancel it ahead of time, as someone else may need your appointment.
Which documents do I have to bring to the DMV Georgia appointment
To attend an appointment with the DMV Georgia, whether it is to apply for a driver’s license, REAL ID, or travel ID, you will need to bring the following documents to facilitate and expedite the process. These documents are as follows:
- Proof of identity, this can be a passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of social security number, this can be a social security card or W-2 form.
- Two documents certifying that the applicant resides in Georgia, can be utility bills, such as gas, water, internet, cable, electricity, etc., or a lease agreement.
DMV Georgia Contact Information
We have already mentioned that, in order to visit any of the DMV Georgia offices, you must first request an appointment, as explained above.
Below, we have left all the contact means you can reach out to in case you need to speak to a DMV Georgia official.
DMV Georgia Offices
Georgia is, after Texas, the state with the most counties, so there are dozens of DMV Georgia offices. You can find the one that is closest and most convenient to you on the official DDS website by clicking here.
If you wish to check the status of your license, you can do so at any time by calling the following number: (404) 6579300.
Hours of operation
To call the above telephone numbers, you must do so from Monday to Friday, from 8:00 to 17:00 hours.
- 2206 East View Parkway. Conyers, GA. Zip Code: 30013.
- Post Office Box 80447. Conyers, GA. Zip Code: 30013.
Frequently Asked Questions
When are the best times to request an appointment with DMV Georgia?
At dmvappointment.net, we recommend that you request an appointment at the following times, as there will be fewer people and you will be seen more quickly.
- Mornings are less crowded than afternoons.
- Wednesdays tend to be less crowded than Mondays and Fridays, so waiting times may be longer.
- Try to avoid midday, as this is the lunch hour and, therefore, there are fewer customer service staff at DMV Georgia
RECOMMENDATION: Don’t forget to ask about the documentation you must present, as it may vary, depending on the procedure you wish to carry out.