There are several ways to make an appointment at DMV Hawaii , including applying for a driver’s license, renewing a driver’s license, vehicle registration, identification cards, driving tests, and many other motor vehicle-related procedures.
The DMV is the Department of Motor Vehicles, the agency in charge of all motor vehicle and driver related errands. To request an appointment at the DMV Hawaii, you only need to follow a few simple steps, which we will detail below.
Which procedures can I do at the DMV Hawaii
- 1 Which procedures can I do at the DMV Hawaii
- 2 What to bring to your DMV Hawaii appointment
- 3 Steps to request an appointment at DMV Hawaii
- 4 Information you need to know about DMV Hawaii offices
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
When you visit the DMV Hawaii official webpage, you have the option of completing multiple procedures, and you can carry out those procedures at the DMV Hawaii offices as long as you request an appointment online, over the phone or in person at a DMV Hawaii office.
Once you have made an appointment, you will be able to complete the following procedures:
- Department of Customer Services Forms
- Driver’s License & Hawaii State ID Renewals
- Driver’s License Duplicates
- Driver’s License Procedures
- Loading Zone and Waikiki Supplemental Permits
- Motor Vehicle Inquiry – Title and Fee
- Personalized and Specialty License Plates
- Private Transportation Companies (PTC) Information
- Replacement License Plates or Emblems
- Road Test
- Stored vehicles
- Trailer Registration Information
- Vehicle Junking
- Vehicle Ownership Transfer
In order to complete any of the procedures available at the DMV Hawaii, whether regarding driver’s license services or state identification, you will need to request, without exception, an appointment, such as the application form, which you can download at this link (find the form you wish to download by clicking on the link for each procedure).
RECOMMENDATION: Have all requested documents ready and complete the application form before visiting the DMV Hawaii office.
What to bring to your DMV Hawaii appointment
In case you wish to apply for a driver’s license or a travel ID, i.e. a valid ID such as REAL ID, you can check the documentation you will need to present on the official DMV Hawaii website, as not all procedures require the same documents.
However, there are two documents that will be required to carry out any procedure. Having these papers on hand will make your time at the DMV Hawaii much easier and faster. These documents are:
- Proof of identity, this can be a passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of social security number, it can be the social security card or, failing that, the W-2 form.
- Two documents proving that the applicant resides in Hawaii, can be utility bills, such as internet, water, electricity, gas, cable, etc., or a rental agreement.
Steps to request an appointment at DMV Hawaii
- Go to the official DMV Hawaii website, under the “Appointments” section. To facilitate your access, we leave you the corresponding link.
- Select the service for which you wish to request an appointment, and click on the box, as shown in the image.
- Then click on “Make an appointment“.
- On the next screen, select the location where you plan to make the appointment.
- Click on the service for which you wish to schedule the appointment.
- On the next screen, choose the date and time of your DMV Hawaii appointment.
- Fill in your personal information required to complete the operation.
- You are done! Make a note of your scheduled appointment, and, if you can, print the appointment confirmation, to present it when you go to the DMV Hawaii office.
Information you need to know about DMV Hawaii offices
The DMV has several offices in Hawaii, where you will need to go to complete various DMV-related procedures. These offices may be open, but only by phone, so you should check to make sure that the office you are going to will be open.
DMV Hawaii Offices
At this link, you can find all DMV Hawaii offices, their addresses, hours of operation and phone numbers.
DMV Hawaii phone numbers
- If you need to inquire about a driver’s license, you should call (808) 7689100.
- If you need to inquire about motor vehicles, call (808) 7684325.
Hours of Operation
Generally, DMV Hawaii offices are open between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm (check your office hours here).
If you wish to take the written test, you may request an appointment for this test between 8:00 am and 2:30 pm.
Frequently Asked Questions
I did not receive my driver’s license, what should I do?
To renew your driver’s license in this state, you will need to make an appointment with DMV Hawaii.
In case you have started the process, that is, if you have already mailed your license renewal application more than 8 weeks ago, and you have not received it, send an e-mail to [email protected] to check the status of the process.
IMPORTANT: In this email, please include your driver’s license number and the day the application was mailed (and if you have it, a proof of the application).
If you want to know more about DMV appointments in different US states, such as California https://dmvappointment.net/california/, North Carolina and South Carolina, Colorado and more, click on this link.