If you are from Idaho, or are a new resident of this state and need to perform any paperwork related to the DMV Idaho, in this article we will discuss the most important details, so that you can successfully complete your errands.
Whether you need to renew your driver’s license, apply for an identification card, register a vehicle, take a driving test, modify your information or any other procedure related to the DMV Idaho , you can complete your paperwork online, over the phone or in person at any of the DMV Idaho offices.
IMPORTANT: If the procedure is in person, you must make an appointment in advance to come on the day and time agreed upon, in order to carry out your procedures without any inconvenience.
It is worth mentioning that the DMV is the Department of Motor Vehicles, the agency in charge of carrying out any procedure related to driver’s licenses, vehicles and their drivers.
How to request an appointment at DMV Idaho
- 1 How to request an appointment at DMV Idaho
- 2 What paperwork can I do at DMV Idaho
- 3 DMV Idaho offices, phone numbers, hours and addresses
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
Before you begin, remember that you must have a registered account on the official DMV Idaho website, with your username and password.
If you do not have one, you will need to create a new one, and to do so, you will need to fill out the form with your personal information (contact information, username and security questions).
Once you have your account and you are logged in, you will need to follow a few simple steps:
- Access the official DMV Idaho website, you can do it directly from this link.
- Select the DMV Idaho online service you wish to process (Registration/plates, Driver’s license/ID Cards, or Motor Carrier Services).
- Once you select the process, you will need to follow the steps carefully and, if necessary, request an appointment, as not all processes can be completed online.
- Schedule your appointment and, once you are done, write down the application code and the date and time of the appointment, to avoid possible forgetfulness.
RECOMMENDATION: Write down the date and time in your diary, on a piece of paper taped to the refrigerator, or somewhere that is always in sight.
What paperwork can I do at DMV Idaho
Below are just a few of all the procedures you can complete online, but not all of them can be completed online, as some procedures must be completed in person at one of the DMV Idaho offices.
The procedures available at the DMV Idaho are all processes that have to do with the vehicle, its driver or identification documents.
- Register a vehicle purchased from Idaho dealer
- Renew existing registration
- Order sample/souvenir plates
- Submit a release of liability
- Get personalized plates for current registration
ID Driver’s license
- Pay driver’s license reinstatement fees
- Replace lost driver’s license or ID
- Renew driver’s license or ID
- Check driving status
- Learn about the Star Card – Your license to fly
- Self-certify CDL category
Motor Carrier Services
- Registration Renewal (Online)
- Online Truck Registration | Commercial Registration System (CRS) Application
- Full-Fee Instructions and Application
- Idaho Trailer Manufacturer Application
- Idaho Based Sold/Wrecked Vehicle Refund Application
- Estimated Mileage Guidelines
- North America Permanent Trailer Plate Application
FACT: These are just a few of the many procedures that can be completed online, by phone or at DMV Idaho offices.
DMV Idaho offices, phone numbers, hours and addresses
As mentioned in the article, not all DMV Idaho offices are open to the public, as some are only available via phone, and not at a physical location.
Idaho DMV Offices
For a listing of these Idaho DMV offices, you can access this link.
Hours of operation
Generally, DMV Idaho offices are open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Check your office hours by clicking on the link above.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to provide my SSN if I have an Idaho driver’s license or identification card?
If you have already provided your driver’s license number or Idaho identification card, you do not need to provide your SSN. If you do not have a driver’s license or ID card, you may provide your SSN or allow the county to look it up in the system.
Conversely, if the Idaho DMV can verify your driver’s license or identification card record, you will not need to provide your Social Security Number (card or W-2 form).
When is the best time to request an appointment at DMV Idaho?
Before requesting your appointment, we at dmvappointment.net recommend that you schedule your appointment for the following times.
- Mornings are the best options, as afternoons are much more in demand and, therefore, there may be more of a delay.
- Wednesdays are quieter than Mondays or Fridays.
- Avoid the lunch hour, as Idaho DMV officials and employees take a lunch break, which means there will be fewer staff and, therefore, less customer service at this time.
How do I renew my vehicle registration online?
If you need to renew your vehicle registration at the DMV Idaho, you need to keep the following items and documents in mind to avoid delays when completing the process.
- Driver’s license or Idaho identification card.
- MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Discover credit or debit card, along with the billing address.
- For businesses, an EIN must be filed with the Idaho State Tax Commission.
- Verify the amount stated in the transaction payment policy on the official DMV Idaho website.
- Mail the renewal along with the check to your Idaho DMV address. There is no additional charge for this.
To renew your vehicle registration online, click here.