If you need to request an appointment at the DOT Iowa, either because you are a new resident in this state and need to get a driver’s license, or any procedure related to the vehicle or driver, read on and learn all the details to schedule your appointment.
It is worth mentioning that the DMV in Iowa is called DOT (Department of Transportation). Let’s remember that the DMV is the Department of Motor Vehicles, the agency in charge of carrying out any procedure related to vehicles and drivers.
Methods to request an appointment at DOT Iowa
- 1 Methods to request an appointment at DOT Iowa
- 2 What documents do I need to bring to the DOT Iowa appointment?
- 3 What DOT Iowa procedures can I complete online
- 4 How to apply for an appointment at DOT Iowa: Step by Step
- 5 DOT Iowa self-service kiosks
- 6 DOT Iowa Contact Information
- 7 Frequently asked questions
To request an appointment with the DOT Iowa, whether to obtain or renew a driver’s license, take a driving test, or modify personal information, among other procedures, you have three ways to do it: online, by phone, or in person, in an office.
Although there are DOT Iowa procedures that you can do online, there are some (such as those mentioned in the previous section) that require an appointment to go to the branch office in person.
What documents do I need to bring to the DOT Iowa appointment?
In case you are applying for a driver’s license or REAL ID at the DOT Iowa, you will need to bring a number of documents, which will be required to perform your procedure. These documents are as follows:
- Proof of S. citizenship, or lawful presence, can be a valid passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of social security number, which can be a social security card or, failing that, a W-2 form.
- Two documents showing that the applicant resides in Iowa, this can be utility bills, such as electric, gas, water, internet or cable, or a rental agreement.
All documents you submit must be originals, or stamped and verified copies. If you have already presented these documents at the time of requesting the appointment online, what you must bring, without exception, is your identity card, or a driver’s license.
FACT: By showing these documents, your visit to the office will be faster and the process will go more smoothly.
What DOT Iowa procedures can I complete online
The DOT Iowa has added services so that customers can complete paperwork online, from the comfort of their own home. However, there are procedures that must be done in person, without exception, such as applying for your first driver’s license or driving tests.
The most common procedures you can complete online at the DOT Iowa include:
- Renew your driver’s license or ID card (if eligible).
- Replace your license or ID card.
- Pay a license reinstatement fee.
- Personalize your license plate.
- Request and oversize permit.
- Renew your vehicle registration.
If you need to complete any procedures other than those listed above, you should be able to do so easily from the DOT Iowa website or by phone.
How to apply for an appointment at DOT Iowa: Step by Step
As mentioned above, in order to go to a DOT Iowa office to perform a DOT procedure, you must first request an appointment in advance, to go on the agreed date and time. This way, long waiting lines are avoided and the process is expedited.
To request an appointment with DOT Iowa, complete the following steps:
- Log in to the official Iowa Department of Transportation appointment website by clicking here.
- Select the category of service you wish to process, these are:
- Motor Carrier Service: Here you will be able to process commercial vehicle titles, oversize permits, etc.
- Vehicle service: Titling and registration of vehicles, disability placards, etc.
- Licenses: Includes services related to driver’s license and identification cards (REAL ID), and driving tests (theoretical and practical).
3. Choose the location where you are located.
4. Select the reason for the appointment.
5. Choose the time and date that is most convenient for you to come to the office.
6. Complete your personal information.
DOT Iowa self-service kiosks
DOT Iowa self-service kiosks are perfect for Iowans who need to complete Department of Transportation-related paperwork, such as renewing a license, replacing a lost or damaged license, or modifying license information such as “Under 21” or “Under 18” markings.
If you are eligible to use a kiosk, you will be asked for the following information:
- Enter the requested information, or scan your ID.
- Take a photo to confirm your identity (this is done through facial recognition software).
- Answer some of the questions requested.
- Confirm address.
- Provide your credit card information to make the payment. The kiosks accept MasterCard, Visa and Discover.
At the end of the transaction, you will be given a receipt that will serve as a temporary license or ID until you receive your permanent document in the mail.
FACT: It may take up to 21 business days to receive a permanent card.
DOT Iowa Contact Information
- Appointment Phone Number: 5152373110.
- Main Phone Number: 5152391101.
- Driver License Information: 5152448725.
- Commercial Vehicle Information: 5152373305.
- Driver’s License Fax Number: 5152391837.
- Mailing address: 800 Lincoln Way, Ames, Iowa. Post Code: 50010.
In the link provided below, you can find all the details, such as phone numbers, addresses and hours of operation of the DOT Iowa office nearest you. To find your ideal office, click on this link.