Do you need to apply for an appointment at DPS Mississippi, but don’t know how, or why? Don’t worry, you’ve come to the right place. Whether you are a new resident of Mississippi, or you need to apply for your driver’s license for the first time, register a vehicle or renew paperwork related to the DPS , you will need to make an appointment to go to an office afterwards.
It is worth mentioning that the DPS is the Department of Public Safety, better known as the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) in most states in the U.S. The DPS Mississippi is the entity in charge of processing all procedures related to drivers and their vehicles, in addition to other procedures pertaining to the state of Mississippi.
Before going to the office, you must make an appointment with the DPS Mississippi, and you can do so by phone, in person, at the branch office closest to your home, or online, through the Internet.
What can I do at DPS Mississippi?
- 1 What can I do at DPS Mississippi?
- 2 What documents should I bring to my DPS Mississippi appointment?
- 3 How to request an appointment at DPS Mississippi: Step by step
- 4 DPS Mississippi Contact Information
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
With the arrival of the pandemic, and to avoid crowds and long waiting lines, DPS Mississippi has implemented several online services so that applicants can complete their paperwork from the comfort of their home.
Among the procedures you can complete online on the official DPS Mississippi website, you will find the following:
- Schedule your DPS Mississippi appointment.
- Schedule your driver’s test.
- Renew your identification card.
- Renew your driver’s license.
- Submit your CDL medical card.
- Apply for your vehicle registration.
- Obtain driver’s license manuals.
- Apply for a duplicate driver’s license or identification card.
- Change your address.
- Pay a reinstatement fee.
FACT: These are just some of the most important procedures that DPS Mississippi allows you to complete online.
What documents should I bring to my DPS Mississippi appointment?
As mentioned above, there are many procedures that can be done online. However, for certain procedures, such as applying for a driver’s license or REAL ID, it is necessary to make an appointment to go to the DPS Mississippi office, where you will need to present yourself with a series of documents.
By bringing these documents with you, the visit to the DPS Mississippi will be faster and you will not have any inconvenience when identifying yourself.
The documents you must present are the following:
- Proof of identity of the applicant, it can be the passport or, failing that, the birth certificate.
- Proof of social security number, it can be a social security card or a W-2 form.
- Two documents certifying that the applicant resides in Mississippi, this can be utility bills, such as water, gas, internet, electricity or cable, or a lease.
If you are a resident of Mississippi, but a foreign national (non-U.S. citizen), you must present your driver’s license and/or identification card.
It is important that all of these documents are original, valid and current, or, if copies, that they are stamped and approved as a certified copy.
How to request an appointment at DPS Mississippi: Step by step
- Go to the official DPS Mississippi website by clicking here.
- On the home page, click on the “Schedule an appointment” section.
- A new tab will open to begin the appointment request with DPS Mississippi. Click on “Make appointment“.
- Select an appointment type in order to continue, as shown in the image.
- Next, choose your place of residence, and locate the DPS Mississippi office closest to where you live, where you will complete your paperwork.
- Select the day and time of your appointment at DPS Mississippi.
- Next, enter your personal information and click “Submit”.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to confirm your appointment with DPS Mississippi.
- Verify that all information is correct and, if possible, print the application receipt.
You may edit the information provided, and cancel the appointment if you are unable to attend. Cancellation is important because if you are unable to come to the office, someone else may have taken your place.
Try to arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled appointment time. When you arrive at the office, a customer service agent will ask you to come to the counter to begin your paperwork.
IMPORTANT: Make a note of your confirmation number in a safe place to avoid possible inconveniences on the day of your appointment.
DPS Mississippi Contact Information
Here is some contact information so you can go and ask for the information you need, as well as clear all your doubts with a DPS Mississippi official.
1900 E Woodrow Wilson Ave. Jackson, Mississippi. 39216
Post Office Box 948. Jackson, Mississippi. 39205.
- Main Office: (601) 987-1212
- (601) 987-1224.
Hours of operation
- Monday to Friday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Saturdays, Sundays and state holidays: Closed.
Frequently Asked Questions
How old do I have to be to apply for my driver’s license?
The minimum age to apply for a driver’s license in DPS Mississippi is 16 years and 10 months.
Which are the best times to request an appointment at DPS office?
At dmvappointment.net, we recommend that you go to a DPS Mississippi office during the following times of the day, as these are the times when the offices are least crowded.
The best times to request an appointment at DPS Mississippi are:
- In the morning, as afternoons are busier.
- Avoid midday, as this is the lunch hour and there are fewer DMV officials available, so you will have to wait longer.
- Wednesdays have shorter wait times than Mondays or Fridays.
IMPORTANT: Do not forget to contact the DMV by phone, mail, email or in person to verify that you have all the documents that will be required at the appointment.