Do you need to apply for a driver’s license for the first time? Are you a new resident who just moved to Montana and need to register a vehicle? Don’t worry, in this article we will tell you how to go about it.
First of all, you should know that, in order to carry out any procedure related to the DMV, you have to make an appointment at the MVD Montana, so that you arrive on the agreed day and time and avoid possible confusion at the office.
It is worth mentioning that the MVD is the Division of Motor Vehicles, better known as DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) in most states of the U.S. The DMV is the entity in charge of processing any paperwork related to driver’s licenses, vehicles and, of course, their drivers.
If you are going to request an appointment with the MVD Montana, you have three methods to do so: online, by phone, in person, by going to the MVD Montana office nearest you.
How to request an appointment at MVD Montana: Steps
- 1 How to request an appointment at MVD Montana: Steps
- 2 What procedures can I carry out at MVD Montana?
- 3 What documents to bring to your appointment with MVD Montana
- 4 MVD Montana Contact Information
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- Go to the official MVD Montana appointment page by clicking here.
- Click “Start”, on the card image on the right side, as shown in the screenshot below.
3. On the next screen, you will see a banner to redirect you to another page. Click on “Continue”.
4. Enter your username and password, or create a new profile, in order to complete the process.
5. Once inside, select the type of procedure for which you wish to go to the MVD Montana office.
6. Select the date and time that is most convenient for you to go to the office to carry out your procedure.
7. Keep the confirmation code to present it on the day of your appointment.
What procedures can I carry out at MVD Montana?
As we mentioned before, the MVD Montana is in charge of carrying out all the procedures related to the driver’s license, exams, vehicle registration, and other paperwork of this type.
Currently, the official website of the MVD Montana allows you to perform a large number of procedures from the comfort of your home, without having to leave your house. This method gained ground because of the pandemic, since applicants could not go to the MVD Montana offices.
Among all the online services offered by MVD Montana, we will mention some of the most important ones below:
- Renew your driver’s license online.
- Renew your driver’s license by mail.
- Apply for a commercial license.
- Learner Driver Assistance Program.
- Replace your driver’s license by mail.
- Renew and replace your Real ID.
- Requirements before you go.
- Apply for a standard driver’s license.
- Registration and Permits.
- Identification Card.
- Forms and manuals.
- Driver History
- Check your driver’s license status.
- Disability permits.
- Schedule Montana appointments.
- Online driver’s license renewal and status verification.
- Online Registration Renewal.
- Consult driver’s history.
- Download MVD’s practice test application.
What documents to bring to your appointment with MVD Montana
In case you need to perform any procedure related to MVD Montana, whether it is applying for a driver’s license or REAL ID, you will need to bring a series of current documents so that you can perform your procedure quickly and smoothly.
IMPORTANT: Check which documents you need to bring depending on the procedure you want to perform.
To avoid problems at the time of your appointment with MVD Montana, you will need to bring at least the following documents, which will be mandatory when collecting all the paperwork.
- Proof of identity, which can be your birth certificate and passport.
- Proof of social security number, which can be a social security card or a W-2 form.
- Two documents certifying that the applicant resides in Montana, this can be a utility bill, such as gas, water, electricity, internet or cable, or a lease.
MVD Montana Contact Information
If you have any questions regarding the documents you need to submit, how to request an appointment, or to resolve any questions you may have, you can contact MVD Montana directly, where a customer service officer will assist you and help you with whatever you need.
Below, we leave you the contact information of MVD Montana, such as telephone, address, and opening hours.
Motor Vehicle Division (MVD)
- Phone Number: (406) 444-3933.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mailing Address: P.O. Box 201430, 302 N Roberts, Helena, MT 59620-1430.
Vehicle Services Bureau (VSB)
- Phone Number: (406) 444-3661.
- Fax Number: (406) 444-0116.
- Email: email@example.com.
- Dealer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mailing Address: P.O. Box 201431, 302 N Roberts, Helena, MT 59620-1431.
Driver Services Bureau (DSB)
- Phone Number: (406) 444-3933.
- Fax Number: (406) 444-1631.
- Appointments: (406) 444-1772.
- CDL Help Desk: (406) 444-3244.
- Email: email@example.com
- Mailing Address: P.O. Box 201430, 302 N Roberts, Helena, MT 59620-1430
Frequently Asked Questions
When are the best times to request an appointment with MVD Montana?
At dmvappointment.net, we recommend that you request an appointment at the following times, as there will be fewer people at the MVD Montana and you will be seen more quickly.
- Mornings are less crowded than afternoons.
- Wednesdays tend to be less crowded than Mondays and Fridays, so waiting times may be longer.
- Try to avoid midday, as this is the lunch hour and, therefore, there are fewer customer service staff at the MVD Montana.
RECOMMENDATION: Don’t forget to ask about the documentation you must present, as it may vary, depending on the procedure you wish to carry out.