If you were wondering how to request an appointment with the DMV North Carolina, you’ve come to the right place. In this article we will tell you all the details you need to keep in mind before you get your appointment and show up at the DMV North Carolina, such as the steps to follow to request a pre-appointment, the documents you need to present, and much more.
It is worth remembering that the DMV is the Department of Motor Vehicles, the national government entity in charge of all the procedures related to vehicles and their drivers, such as licensing, car registration, and many other procedures that will be necessary if you are a driver.
Below, from dmvappointment.net, will tell you about the different ways that the DMV North Carolina has for drivers to request an appointment.
What paperwork can I do at the DMV North Carolina?
- 1 What paperwork can I do at the DMV North Carolina?
- 2 Which documents do I have to show at the DMV North Carolina appointment?
- 3 How to request an appointment at DMV North Carolina
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
Due to the increasing demand for driving-related services, the DMV North Carolina continues to implement online services so that applicants or drivers can complete their errands without having to leave the comfort of their home.
For this, all you need is a mobile device with an internet connection. Among the services that can be processed online are the following:
These are just some of the most frequent procedures, if you do not find what you need, enter the official website of the DMV North Carolina to verify that you can perform that procedure. From dmvappointment.net we recommend you to visit the website and clear all your doubts.
FACT: Not all DMV offices allow you to perform the same procedures, as there are some where you cannot go to the office and you must do it online or by phone.
- Commercial driver’s license.
- Motorcycle licenses.
- Change driver’s license address.
- Driver’s license replacement, restoration and renewal.
- Driver’s license suspension.
- New drivers.
- Young drivers.
- Real North Carolina ID.
- State ID.
- Request duplicate driver’s license or identification card.
- Schedule a medical checkup.
- Renewal of vehicle registration and property taxes.
Vehicle Titles and Registration
- New vehicle titles.
- Vehicle registration.
- Registration renewal.
- Title replacement and duplicates.
- Vehicle title transfers.
- Registration service stops.
- Disability placards and plates.
- Special and personalized license plates.
- License plate transfers.
- New license plates.
- Vehicle inspections.
- Liability insurance.
- Taxes on the vehicle.
Which documents do I have to show at the DMV North Carolina appointment?
The day of your appointment has arrived and are you sure you have everything you need? The documents you will need, will be required at the time of your appointment to expedite your process.
NOTE: If you do not have the following documents, you could miss your appointment and will need to request a new one.
If you need to apply for or renew a driver’s license, REAL ID, travel ID, or whatever you need to do at the DMV North Carolina, you must bring with you a series of documents, which are as follows:
- Identification document, which proves the identity of the applicant. It can be a passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of social security number. This can be a Social Security card or, alternatively, a completed W-2 form.
- Two documents verifying that the applicant resides in North Carolina. This can be utility bills, such as water, gas, internet or cable, or a lease.
How to request an appointment at DMV North Carolina
To request your DMV North Carolina appointment, you have three methods to do so. You can request an appointment online, in person at a DMV North Carolina office, or by phone. Let’s take a look at each of them below.
At North Carolina DMV office
If you wish to request an appointment at the North Carolina DMV, you can do so at the different county DMV locations in the state.
You can check the information of each of the DMV offices in North Carolina on their official website. To speed up the process, we leave you the link with the locations of each office.
NCDMV Customer Service: 9197157000.
- Go to the official DMV North Carolina website by clicking here.
- Select the option for the process you wish to complete (Online Services, Renew License, Registration, Change, or in this case, “Driver License Office Appointments”).
- Then click on “Make an appointment”.
- Select the type of procedure you wish to perform.
- Choose the county office where you are going to make the appointment.
6) Choose the date and time that is most convenient for you.
7) Fill in the personal information that will be requested.
8) Confirm that you are not a robot by clicking on the captcha and that’s it! You have already scheduled your appointment.
RECOMMENDATION: Write down in a safe place the date and time of the appointment, to avoid forgetfulness or confusion.
The DMV North Carolina has recently implemented a reservation system for certain procedures that can only be done in person, since they do not allow the option to do it online, by mail or by phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to obtain a NC REAL ID?
It is not mandatory to have an NC Real ID license or identification card, they are only optional. However, as of May 3, 2023, an NC REAL ID will be required to enter military bases, federal buildings, prisons, state courthouses or nuclear sites.
In addition, the NC REAL ID will be required if the person flies frequently to various destinations within the United States. However, if you do not have a REAL ID and wish to fly or visit any of the above facilities, you may do so by presenting your license or standard ID and additional identification.
Can I get an NC REAL ID when I renew my license online?
No. If this is your first time obtaining your NC REAL ID or driver’s license, you will not be able to renew your license, you will just need to come to the office with the required documents to be recorded in the DMV North Carolina system.
If you already have your driver’s license or identification card, you will be able to renew it online. The same is true for a standard license or identification card.