Do you need to complete any BMV Ohio-related paperwork? Do you need to apply for your first driver’s license? Are you a new Ohio resident and want to register your vehicle? For these errands, and others, you should make an appointment before you go to the BMV Ohio to complete your paperwork.
It is worth mentioning that the BMV is the Bureau of Motor Vehicles, better known as DMV, Department of Motor Vehicles, in most states in the U.S. This government entity is in charge of processing all procedures related to the driver’s license, the driver and his or her vehicle, in addition to other errands in the state of Ohio.
While most of the BMV Ohio procedures can be completed online, there are some that must be done in person at the BMV office nearest you. So, to request an appointment with the BMV Ohio, you have three ways to do it: online, by phone, or in person at the Ohio BMV office nearest you.
How to request an appointment at the BMV Ohio: Steps to follow
- 1 How to request an appointment at the BMV Ohio: Steps to follow
- 2 What online services does the BMV Ohio offer
- 3 What documents do I need to bring to my appointment with BMV Ohio
- 4 BMV Ohio Office Information
- 5 BMV Ohio office hours
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
- Go to the official BMV Ohio website by clicking on this link.
- Locate the “Schedule a driving test” or the correct option in the online services section.
- Select from the online services available, whether to renew a driver’s license, apply for a first-time driver’s license, register a vehicle, make modifications, etc.
- Follow the steps indicated until the operation is completed.
- That’s it! You now have your appointment with the Ohio BMV.
Remember to go to your appointment with the required documents to complete your procedures, which we will mention in the next section. We recommend that you write down the date and time of your appointment in a visible place (such as on the refrigerator or in your agenda) so that you don’t forget it.
If you are unable to attend, please cancel your appointment, as someone else may be able to come in your place.
IMPORTANT: Print your appointment voucher or write down the confirmation code to present on the day of your appointment to avoid possible future inconveniences.
What online services does the BMV Ohio offer
Currently, and with the arrival of the pandemic, the BMV Ohio has implemented a wide variety of procedures that can be performed from the comfort of your home, to avoid crowds and long waiting lines.
However, remember that, for certain procedures, it is essential that you request an appointment in advance.
All you need is a mobile device with an internet connection to access the official BMV Ohio website and complete any of the following services:
- Renew patents.
- Schedule driving tests.
- Change residence address.
- Automobile registration and titles.
- Replace registration.
- Motorcycle License and CDL.
- Verify driver’s license status.
- Learner’s Permits.
FACT: These are just a few of the many procedures that can be done online.
What documents do I need to bring to my appointment with BMV Ohio
To avoid problems at the time of your appointment with BMV Ohio, you will need to bring at least the following documents, which will be mandatory when collecting all the paperwork.
In case you need to perform any procedure related to BMV Ohio, whether it is applying for a REAL ID, driver’s license, or registering a vehicle, you will need to bring with you a series of current documents so that you can complete your procedure quickly and smoothly.
These documents are:
- Proof of identity, which can be your birth certificate and passport.
- Proof of social security number, which can be a social security card or a W-2 form.
- Two documents certifying that the applicant resides inOhio, this can be a utility bill, such as electricity, gas, water, cable or internet, or a lease.
IMPORTANT: Check which documents you need to bring to the office, depending on the procedure you want to complete.
BMV Ohio Office Information
- Customer Service: +1 844-644-6268.
- 8210 Co Rd 140 A, Findlay, OH 45840.
You can access this link to find all available offices in the different counties of Ohio, according to your place of residence.
BMV Ohio office hours
BMV Ohio office hours are as follows:
- Monday to Friday: 08:00 to 17:00 hours.
- Saturdays: 08:00 to 14:00 hours.
- Sundays: Closed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which are the best times to request an appointment with BMV Ohio?
At dmvappointment.net, we recommend that you make an appointment to go to an office at the following times, as there will be fewer people at the BMV Ohio and you will be seen faster.
- Wednesdays tend to be less crowded than Mondays and Fridays, so waiting times may be longer.
- Mornings are less crowded than afternoons.
- Try to avoid midday, as this is the lunch hour and, therefore, there are fewer customer service officials at the BMV Ohio.
RECOMMENDATION: Don’t forget to ask about the papers you have to present, as it may change, depending on the procedure you want to complete.
Do I need to apply for a new driver’s license if I move to Ohio?
Yes, you will need to apply for a new license, but what you will need to do is transfer your license from your old state to Ohio as soon as you become a resident of this state.
When will I receive my driver’s license?
After you apply, your updated driver’s license will arrive at the address you provided within a few weeks.