Are you a new Utah resident, and you need to register your vehicle? Do you want to get your driver’s license for the first time? For these procedures, and many more, it is necessary to request an appointment with the DMV Utah, since it is a mandatory requirement imposed by the agency to avoid crowds in the offices.
It is worth mentioning that the DMV is the Department of Motor Vehicles, the agency in charge of processing all the paperwork related to vehicles, their papers, drivers, such as driver’s licenses, or driving tests, and, in addition, other paperwork related to the state of Utah.
To request an appointment with the Utah DMV, you can do so online, by phone or in person at the DMV office nearest you.
What paperwork do I need to bring to my DMV Utah appointment
- 1 What paperwork do I need to bring to my DMV Utah appointment
- 2 What services can I carry out at the DMV Utah
- 3 How to request an appointment at DMV Utah: Steps
- 4 How to apply for the new Real ID in Utah
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
In case you need to carry out any procedure in a DMV Utah office, whether it is applying for a driver’s license or a REAL ID, you will have to present to the officials a number of current documents so that you can perform your procedure quickly and smoothly.
To avoid problems at the time of your appointment at DMV Utah, you will need to take with you, at least, the following documents, that will be necessary at the time you collect all the paperwork.
- Proof of social security number, which can be a social security card or a W-2 form.
- Proof of identity, it can be your passport or birth certificate.
- Two documents verifying that the applicant resides in Utah, this can be a utility bill, such as cable, water, gas, electricity, internet or a lease contract.
IMPORTANT: Check, on the DMV Utah website, the documents you have to show, depending on the procedure you want to carry out.
What services can I carry out at the DMV Utah
Currently, the DMV Utah, like those in other U.S. states, has added multiple online services, which increased with the pandemic, so that applicants can conduct business from home and without having to leave their homes and expose themselves to the coronavirus.
While there are some services that must be performed in person, for which an appointment must be made in advance, there are several procedures that can be performed from a mobile device with an internet connection. This way, the DMV Utah provides more order in its offices and avoids crowds and long lines and hours of waiting.
Among the many services that can be performed on the official website of the DMV Utah, we can find the following:
- Renew your driver’s license.
- Schedule an appointment.
- Vehicle title.
- CDL Commercial License.
- Duplicate Driver License.
- Forms and Driver’s Manuals.
REMINDER: These are just a few of the many procedures you can complete on the DMV Utah website.
How to request an appointment at DMV Utah: Steps
- Log on to the official DMV Utah website by clicking here.
- Choose from the services offered by DMV Utah on its website. You can choose from driver’s licenses, vehicle registration and titling, online services, or commercial licenses.
- Click on the process you wish to complete and go to the “Make an Appointment” section.
- Choose the day, date, and location where you will be making your appointment.
- Follow the steps to complete the process.
- Print out, if possible, the scheduled appointment voucher, or write down, in a safe place, the confirmation code. By presenting it, your visit to the Utah DMV will be faster and more agile.
RECOMMENDATION: Log on to the official DMV Utah website to verify the office’s contact information in case you need to contact them.
How to apply for the new Real ID in Utah
In May 3, 2023, all U.S. citizens who need access or work at federal buildings, nuclear facilities, or need to take commercial flights within the country, will need a REAL ID to be able to access without difficulties.
What should I do to get my Utah Real ID: Requirements
- First of all, make an appointmentwith the DMV Utah to obtain your REAL ID. To do this, go back to the section above, where we explain how to request the appointment.
- To apply for your Utah Real ID, you can renew your ID card or driver’s license directly from the web and you will get your new Utah Real ID.
- Present an identity document that contains your full and real name, and your date of birth. It can be a green card, passport, receipts or, in the best case, a birth certificate.
- In case you don’t have a driver’s license, or a Utah ID, you must go to the DMV office closest to where you live, depending on the county you are in. Remember that you can check the offices on the official DMV Utah.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best time to visit a DMV Utah office?
At dmvappointment.net, we recommend you to go to a DMV Utah office during the following times of the day, because these are the moments when the bureaus are least crowded.
The best times to make an appointment at DMV Utah are:
- Mondays or Fridays have longer wait times than Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, so try to go on those days.
- In the morning, as afternoons are more crowded.
- Avoid midday, as there are fewer DMV workers available because this is the lunch time, so you will have to wait longer.
REMINDER: If you have doubts, you can contact the DMV in person, by email, phone, or mail to confirm that you have all the corresponding documentation that will be asked for at the time of your appointment.