If you need to apply for a driver’s license for the first time, renew it, or register a vehicle, if, for example, you are a new resident and have just moved to Virginia, you should do so at the DMV Virginia, as long as you have made an appointment in advance.
It is worth mentioning that the DMV is the Department of Motor Vehicles, the organization in charge of processing all the paperwork related to vehicles, such as vehicle registrations, drivers, such as driver’s licenses, or driving tests, and even the DMV Virginia is in charge of carrying out different errands for the state of Virginia.
To request an appointment with the DMV Virginia, you can do so over the phone, online, or in person at the DMV office nearest you.
What online services can I perform at the DMV Virginia?
- 1 What online services can I perform at the DMV Virginia?
- 2 How to request an appointment at DMV Virginia: Step by step
- 3 DMV Virginia contact information
- 4 Frequently asked Questions
In recent years, the DMV Virginia has added multiple services that can be done online, without the need to go to an in-person office, and only with a mobile device with an internet connection. This increased with the pandemic, as DMV Virginia-related paperwork could be completed without having to leave the house and expose oneself to the virus.
Among the online services that can be found on the DMV Virginia website are:
- MyDMV Account.
- Make an Appointment.
- View Your Account.
- Address Change.
- Sign Up for Email and Text Reminders.
- Create Account.
- Forgot Your Password?
- Activate Account.
- What Have I Done Online?
- Emergency Contact Information.
- Vehicle Registration Renewal.
- Title Replacement.
- Report a Vehicle Sold or Traded.
- Insurance Verification.
- Plate Purchase.
- License Plate Delivery Status.
- Original Electronic Title Print.
- Record Request.
- Prospective Purchaser Inquiry.
- Registration Card Replacement.
- Plate Deactivation.
- Plate Reactivation.
- Plate Surrender.
- Title and Reg. Fee Calculator.
- Souvenir Plate Orders.
- Abandoned/Mechanics & Storage Lien Vehicles.
- Salvage Dealer, Complaint Against.
- Odometer Fraud Complaint.
Driver / ID Services
- Driver’s License and ID Card Delivery Status.
- Driver’s License/CDL Renewal.
- Driver Privilege Card Renewal.
- Driver’s License/CDL Replacement.
- Driver Privilege Card Replacement.
- REAL ID.
- ID Card Renewal.
- ID Card Replacement.
- Sex Designation Change.
- License Exchange for ID.
- Name Change.
- Online Legal Presence.
- Organ Donor Status Change.
- Record Request.
- Reinstatement Fee Payment.
- Veteran Indicator.
- Compliance Services.
- Trucking Services.
- Permit Services.
- Payments and Refunds.
How to request an appointment at DMV Virginia: Step by step
- Go to the official Virginia DMV website by clicking here.
- Locate the “Appointments” section and click on it.
- Scroll down until you find the “Book or Cancel Your Appointment Now” option, as shown in the image.
- A new tab will open and click on the “Schedule or cancel an appointment” option.
- Next, choose the type of service for which you would like to request an appointment with the DMV Virginia. In this example, we will choose “Learner’s Permit / Knowledge Test Appointments”.
- Select the type of appointment you wish to book.
- On the next screen, choose the office nearest to your home.
- Next, select the day and time to schedule your DMV Virginia appointment.
- In the next step, fill in the requested personal information, click on the captcha and then click on “Next”.
- Next, confirm that the appointment data and personal information is correct, and click “Continue“.
- Finally, print the application voucher to present when the appointment day arrives.
DMV Virginia contact information
Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles: P.O. Box 27412, Richmond, VA. 23269.
Find your local DMV Virginia office address according to your county by clicking here.
- From Monday to Friday: From 8:00 to 17:00 hs Eastern.
- Saturday: 8:00 to 12:00 hs Eastern.
Frequently asked Questions
Which are the best times to make an appointment at DMV Virginia office?
At dmvappointment.net, we recommend that you go to a DMV office during the following moments of the day, as these are the times when they are least crowded.
The best times to make an appointment at DMV Virginia are:
- Wednesdays, Tuesdays and Thursdays have shorter wait times than Mondays or Fridays.
- Afternoons are busier than mornings.
- Avoid midday, as this is the lunch hour and there are less DMV workers available, so you will have to wait longer.
REMEMBER: Don’t forget to contact the DMV by phone, email, mail, or in person to confirm that you have all the documentation that you will be requested at the appointment.
DMV Virginia important information to keep in mind
If you are looking for a DMV in Virginia, we recommend that you contact a DMV Select official. These are state government organizations, or private organizations, that have a direct relationship with the Department of Motor Vehicles to help perform different DMV Virginia paperwork in a reliable manner.
By becoming a member of DMV Select, the customer will be able to access different online procedures, where they will be able to issue different decals for their vehicles, and update their registrations.