If you are a new West Virginia resident and you need to register a vehicle, or you want to get your driver’s license for the first time, or renew it, you must go to the DMV West Virginia, but first, you need to request an appointment.
It is worth mentioning that the DMV is the Department of Motor Vehicles, the agency in charge of processing all paperwork related to drivers and their vehicles. In addition, the DMV is in charge of carrying out different procedures related to the state of West Virginia.
In this article we will discuss step-by-step how to request an appointment with the DMV West Virginia, something you can do over the phone, by mail or online, with a mobile device with an internet connection, and without the need to leave your home.
What documents do I need to show at the DMV West Virginia?
- 1 What documents do I need to show at the DMV West Virginia?
- 2 Which is the best time to go to a DMV West Virginia office?
- 3 What service can I carry out at the DMV West Virginia website
- 4 How to make an appointment at the DMV West Virginia: Step by step
- 5 Recommendations before going to a DMV West Virginia office
- 6 DMV West Virginia contact information
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
These documents will be required when you go to a DMV West Virginia office to apply for a driver’s license.
- Social Security Number, which can be a Social Security Card or W-2 form.
- Passport or birth certificate.
- Documents proving that the applicant lives and resides in West Virginia, this can be a lease or a utility bill, such as a telephone, gas, water, or internet bill.
ADVICE: You will be able to complete your faster by having, at least, these documents on hand.
Which is the best time to go to a DMV West Virginia office?
At dmvappointment.net, we recommend that you go to a DMV West Virginia office during the following times of the day, as these are the moments when the offices are least crowded.
The best times to request an appointment at a DMV West Virginia are:
- In the morning, as afternoons are busier.
- Avoid midday, because you will have to wait longer, as this is the lunch hour and there are fewer DMV workers available.
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays Thursdays have shorter wait times than Mondays or Fridays.
IMPORTANT: If you have doubts, please contact the DMV by email, phone, mail, or in person to verify that you have all the paperwork that you will need at the time of your appointment.
What service can I carry out at the DMV West Virginia website
These are some of the services you can perform online at the DMV West Virginia website.
- Vehicle Registration Renewal.
- Request Duplicate Registration Card, Decal, or Plate & Change Address.
- Pay Personal Property Taxes.
- Request Personalized Plate.
- Personalized Plate Search (Free).
- Respond to Insurance Verification Request.
- Renew Your Driver’s License or State ID.
- Change Address on Driver’s License.
- Check Driver’s License Status (FREE) / Request Driving Record.
- Pay Driver’s License Reinstatement Fee for Suspended Driver’s License.
- Request a Duplicate Driver’s License or State ID.
- Request State Bar ID Card.
- Organ and Tissue Donor Registry.
- Register now and immediately take your Knowledge Test online.
- Combined 10-Day Trip Permits Online.
- IRP Title/Taxes.
- Application for Additional Fuel Decals.
- Application For Motor Carrier Renewal.
- Application for International Fuel Tax Agreement Renewal.
- Online Application for Duplicate Cab Cards, Decals, or License Plates.
How to make an appointment at the DMV West Virginia: Step by step
- Go to the official DMV West Virginia website by clicking here.
- Locate the “Appointments” section, as shown in the image.
- A new window will open and click on the “Schedule an appointment” option.
- Another window will open and click on “Make an appointment“, as shown in the image.
- Next, select the type of service you wish to schedule. In this example, we will choose the “DL or ID Transaction” option.
- Next, select the office closest to you.
- Choose a day and time to schedule your appointment with the West Virginia DMV.
- Next, complete the requested contact information.
- That’s it! You now have your appointment scheduled. Print or write down the confirmation code number that will appear on the screen, to present it on the day of your appointment.
IMPORTANT: In case you are unable to attend, please cancel your appointment, as someone else may need your place.
Recommendations before going to a DMV West Virginia office
- Make sure you are well-informed about the requirements and documentation that you will be required, before you complete your paperwork online.
- Please note the time that will take you to carry out your appointment, because if you are obtaining a permit or taking a test drive, you will have to spend more time at the DMV.
- Times vary depending on the procedure, so we recommend you that you do notschedule any other paperwork on the day of your appointment.
- You can complete DMV West Virginia paperwork in person, at an office, via phone call, or from the comfort of your own home, using only a mobile device with an internet
DMV West Virginia contact information
- 5707 MacCorkle Avenue, SE. Charleston, WV. 25304.
- Toll-Free (West Virginia Residents Only): 1-800-642-9066.
- Hearing Impaired: 1-800-742-6991.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the hours of operation for the Regional Offices?
DMV West Virginia regional offices, with the exception of Kanawha and Martinsburg, are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
- The DMV West Virginia located in the City of Kanawha is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, and Saturday from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm.
- The DMV West Virginia located in Martinsburg is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, and Saturday from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm.
What documents do I need to renew my license plate?
To renew your plate, you will need a renewal notice or registration card, your personal property tax receipt for the year prior to the year you are applying, or an Affidavit of Exemption, and your proof of current insurance.