If you need to get your Wyoming driver’s license for the first time, or renew an old one, register a vehicle or if you are a new resident and need to take driving tests, among other procedures related to the DOT Wyoming, you need to complete the corresponding requests from the official DOT Wyoming website.
It is worth mentioning that the DOT is the Department of Transportation, better known as DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) in most U.S. states. The DOT is the agency in charge of processing all procedures related to vehicles, their documentation, license plates, etc., and their drivers, such as driver’s licenses and driving tests, among others.
Depending on the process, you will need to make an appointment with the DOT Wyoming, but, in general, you just need to mail in your application and walk-in to a DOT Wyoming office.
What documents do I need to present at the DOT Wyoming
- 1 What documents do I need to present at the DOT Wyoming
- 2 How to request an appointment at DOT Wyoming online: Steps
- 3 How to apply for or renew a driver’s license at DOT Wyoming
- 4 DOT Wyoming contact information
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
To request an appointment with the DOT, you must first have a series of documents, whether you are applying for a driver’s license or a Real ID. If you have the following documents on hand, it will make the process much easier and quicker.
These documents that you will have to present without exception are the following:
- Proof of identity, it can be the birth certificate, or passport.
- Proof of the social security number, it can be the social security card or, failing that, a W-2 form.
- Two documents showing that the applicantresides in Wyoming, it could be two utility bills, such as electricity, water, gas, cable or internet, or a lease contract.
IMPORTANT: You may be asked for more documentation depending on the process you want to complete.
How to request an appointment at DOT Wyoming online: Steps
- Go to the official DOT Wyoming website from this link.
- Click on the procedure you wish to select.
- When you click on the procedure, a list of services that you can perform online will be displayed, as shown in the image.
- Click on the service you wish to process, to know more information about it.
- Select the type of procedure you wish to complete, as shown in the image.
- Depending on the service you need to perform, you will need to enter the service to find out about the forms you need to complete and then mail to DOT Wyoming .
- As shown in the image above, you can go to “Form/Applications” to find out which forms you need to fill out and then mail to the address mentioned in the next section.
- In the example we see in the image, we will select the option “Wyoming Driver License Application“, to apply for a new (or to renew) a Wyoming Driver License.
- Then, a new window will open in PDF format with the corresponding form to apply for the Driver License.
- Complete the form and return it to the Wyoming DOT address and then report to the office nearest you.
How to apply for or renew a driver’s license at DOT Wyoming
If this is your first time applying for a driver’s license, or you need to renew it, you must go directly in person to the DOT Wyoming office nearest you where the driving tests can be administered.
Upon arrival at the DOT Wyoming station, you will need to surrender your old, expired driver’s license, or, if you are a new Wyoming resident, you will need to surrender your license from your previous state of residence, accompanied by all required documents.
At that time, the DOT Wyoming customer service agent will take a photograph of you and, subsequently, you will be asked to take an eye exam. If all is well, you will proceed to take the driving tests.
If not, that is, if you have vision problems, an eye doctor will be asked to complete an eye and/or medical evaluation form in order to issue the driver’s license if the applicant’s eyesight meets the requirements.
DOT Wyoming contact information
Driver Services: (307) 777-4800.
General Information: (307) 777-4375.
From Monday to Friday: From 8:00 to 17:00 hs.
WYDOT Headquarters: 5300 Bishop Blvd. Cheyenne, WY. 82009-3340.
Find your nearest DOT Wyoming office by clicking on this link.
For more information on Wyoming DOT’s social media, click on this link.
Frequently Asked Questions
When do I need to change my address?
If you are a new Wyoming resident or have moved, you must make an address change prior to completing your driver license application or other DOT Wyoming paperwork.
How long does it take to receive my driver’s license?
From the time your driver’s license is issued, you should allow 4 to 6 weeks for your driver’s license to arrive at your home address. Remember to make sure the address is correct, otherwise you will not receive your license.